Raquel Cavazos Library
The mission of Raquel Cavazos Elementary Library is to foster the love of reading for pleasure and information by connecting our students, faculty, and administration with the resources, technology, and critical thinking skills they need to inspire learning. We will enrich lives by maintaining a nurturing, safe, fun, and inviting environment for all and strive to meet the needs of all ethnic, cultural, and educational differences for all patrons to excel in our global community. We will collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to inspire learning and ensure that we have adequate resources to become 21st-century learners.
Our vision is to empower students to become ethical users, critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, and skillful researchers. We will ensure equality and freedom to access all information for our diverse population.
* To ensure that our students acquire information literacy skills.
* To develop and maintain a balanced, extensive, and accessible collection of materials for all our patrons.
* To use the relevance of materials that supports and enriches the curriculum.
* To prompt curiosity, which leads to individual learning, creativity, and research.
* To promote literacy and the enjoyment of reading.